Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sex, Marriage & Fairytales

Eversince I got to read John Piper's book, This Momentary Marriage, I got to appreciate and got more excited about the idea of marriage. In the small group that I'm with every Friday, we're also going through this topic. Go listen to Pastor Mark Driscoll's message series on Songs of Solomon, The Peasant Princess.

I'm a big believer of marriage. I can't stop talking about it and I can't wait to experience it for myself. Since I'm the kind of guy who believes that marriage is basically an analogy of the Gospel of Christ, I'm saddened and sorrowful of what's happening and how the institution and the sacrament of marriage is displayed in our culture. You see, once you get to understand the whole point of Paul in Ephesians 5, marriage is really something that you'd respect and be honored to be in. The extent of this on another post.

With that said, I want you guys to check out this Spoken Word video that Jeff Bethke (the guy who made the Jesus > Religion video) created.





And check out these resources for Marriage, Dating and Relationships.
Sermons:

Books:
On Marriage
On Dating and Relationships

No comments:

Post a Comment