Friday, February 3, 2012

Yes, Christian Hip-Hop Exists

I'm a big fan of Hip-Hop music. I'm also a big 2pac fan and I'm not ashamed to admit that yes, I can still rap along Pac songs. But rapping along with 2Pac and Biggie will leave me with one or two or three words to say since I don't think I'd be rapping along all their lyrics anymore. For this reason I had to look out for something more of the genre where I find myself now. To others it might feel like I'm moving backwards but this is something that I enjoy. I love that I'm a new creation who enjoys serving and praying that I'm changed daily to live a life worthy for God. So with that in mind, I try to stay away from the music that I used to listen to. And this is a big dilemma because these are the tunes that I play when I workout and to psych myself up before playing ball.

So this is where I'm getting at. Thank God, God is the God of everything and I thank Him for saving talented artists like Lecrae who would create Hip-Hop music that would edify God. This song in particular was inspired by John Piper's book Don't Waste Your Life, which happened to be one of my favorite books as well. So check it out, for those of you who haven't heard of Christian Hip-Hop yet, enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment