Sunday, February 5, 2012

Reading Through Genesis

As I would always say, the Bible is inexhaustible. You can read a book a number of times and you'll always get hit, be wooed, or be left in awe with the things that you read. There will always be something different the next time you read it. This is something that I have always enjoyed. Knowing and finding and experiencing God through the experiences written in the Bible which Paul would describe as "profitable" (2 Tim 3:16).

I'm blessed to have my girlfriend to go through the Bible with me this year. In fact it's by her urging that we go through it together so that I would have the ability to go through ALL the books of the Bible this year. As implied, I've never read all the books of the Bible. I read a lot, but I always get redirected to go from one book to another, which would make me leave the others untouched. She knows how helpful it is to get to read the whole Bible and I'm blessed that she's urging me to do that because I haven't read the whole book yet.

This month, we're going through the book of Genesis together. It doesn't mean that we'll get to end reading Genesis by months end, it's more likely that we'll be done before February ends. We're just starting this habit this month and I want to invite you guys to go through the whole Bible with us chronologically as well. I was compelled by this interview why it's good to go through the books chronologically instead of verse per verse or chapter per chapter. It's also good to get the background of the books which is why I would like to share the introduction that Ligonier.org provided for the book of Genesis.

So come, and join us through this adventure! And I would like to invite you to post your comments here as well as you join us in this journey. And since most of you readers happen to be my friends, I would expect you to be here. Kidding aside, reading through God's words are always helpful for our completion and for equipping us for every good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment