Sunday, February 12, 2012

Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer



And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!”
(Isaiah 6:5 ESV)

These were Isaiah's words after seeing a vision of the Lord. This is truly something that we've clearly lost in this day and age. We can just utter the Lord's name in vain and just dismiss the idea of a supreme being hovering over us in this world. Discussing things about God is not accompanied by reverence but an idea that can easily be grasped and be debated upon. We embrace our ability to think and reason and we place God in a place wherein we can totally grab whole of his entirety and shelve the idea within the confines of our mind. In this generation, the fear of the Lord is totally lost and buried and replaced by the fear of man.

Woe is me! is something that I would tell myself after reading Tozer's classic. This booklet, written in the 60's, is still packed with pure theological knowledge that would make you understand something that we've completely lost. The reality of God is far greater than anything we can imagine. It is one of the things that we should recapture, and Tozer left us this book to help us seize what was revealed to him back in the day.

I would tag Knowledge of the Holy as one of the hard reads that would demand the full attention of the reader. It's written in King James English as you'd expect from a great mind back in the 1960's. It discusses the attributes of God as seen through scripture and from Tozer's studies. This is something I would recommend anyone who would want to be captivated by the magnificence of God. I would also suggest this book for anyone who would want to have a head start in the study of God. I would put this book side by side with A.W. Pink's The Attributes of God. Rarely do we see books that would discuss the known attributes of God in this day and age.

Grab hold of this book if you would want to recapture the Woe is me! and see how far we are from the God of the Bible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment